These are seminal articles written by Smoke-Free Families staff and colleagues on topics related to tobacco use and reproductive health.
- Adams EK, Miller VP, Ernst C, Nishimura BK, Melvin CL and Merritt, R. “Neonatal health care costs related to smoking during pregnancy.” Health Economics, 11:193-206, 2002.
- Adams EK, Ayadi, FM, Melvin CL and Rivera C. “Smoking among Medicaid insured mothers: What are the neonatal costs?” Health Care Financing Review, 26 (2), 105-118, 2004.
- Petersen R, Clark KA, Hartmann KE and Melvin CL. “Getting focused: missed opportunities for smoking interventions for pregnant women receiving Medicaid.” Preventive Medicine, 40, 209-15, 2005.
- Petersen R, Garrett JM, Melvin CL, Hartmann, KE. “Medicaid Reimbursement for Prenatal Smoking Intervention Influences Quitting and Cessation.” Tobacco Control, 15: 30-34, 2006
- Ayadi MF, Adams EK, Melvin CL, Rivera CC, Gaffney CA, Pike J, Rabius V, Ferguson JN. Costs of a Smoking Cessation Counseling Intervention for Pregnant Women: Comparison of Three Settings. Public Health Reports, March-April 2006; Vol. 121; 120-126.
- Rosenthal AC, Melvin CL, Barker DC. Treatment of tobacco use in preconception care. Matern Child Health J. 2006 Sep;10(5Suppl):147-8.
These are websites for other organizations that have current information on tobacco use during and after pregnancy: